Licensing/Regulatory boards


Social Work (LMSW, LCSW)

Professional Counseling (PLPC, LPC)


Social Work (LMSW, LSCSW)

Professional Counseling (LPC, LCPC)


American Counseling Association (ACA)

National Board for Certified Counselings (NCC)

National Association of Social Workers (NASW)

Association for Play Therapy (RPT)

*Please click on a profession or credential above to be directed to the website for the licensing/regulatory agency to verify licensure or certification standing, to file a complaint, to ask questions, or to obtain general information.


Phone Support

  Hotlines (crisis lines run by trained individuals):



816.531.0233 or 913.642.0233

National Domestic Violence Hotline

800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233)

Rape, Abuse & Incest Nt'l Network (RAINN)

800.656.HOPE (800.656.4673)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline


Access Crisis Intervention Hotline


Veterans Crisis Line



Warmlines (peer-run listening lines for support):


Compassionate Ear

866.WARM.EAR (866.927.6327) or 913.281.2251

Nt'l Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)

800.374.2138 9am-9pm 7 days/week



affordable services

Bert Nash Community Mental Health - Douglas  county KS

Comprehensive Mental Health - Independence, MO

Johnson County Mental Health - Johnson county KS

Kansas City CARE Clinic - Kansas City

Mental Health America - throughout Kansas City,  MO & KS

Preferred Family Healthcare - throughout MO & KS

Rediscover Mental Health & Substance Abuse -      Kansas City downtown, south, and Lee's Summit

Swope Health Services - throughout Kansas City

Tri-County Mental Health - Clay, Platte, Ray counties

Truman Behavioral Health - downtown KC and Lee's  Summit Rd

Wyandot Center - Wyandot county KS

*Most clinics offer free and/or significantly reduced services.